From 16 - 18 August 2021 held the Second Annual Event of the Project "Green Scrap Metal Thailand 2021: One Future Together" was a great success with the objective to raise awareness and disseminate knowledge of U-POPs via Zoom program and Facebook Live.
The first day was an public seminar where Mr. Stein R. Hansen, Regional Director, and UNIDO representative for Thailand (UR) gave the thank you remarks for collaboration among Thai government, industrial sector and UNIDO and Mr.Panuwat Triyangkulsri, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Industry (Thailand) gave an opening speech which received great attention by the representatives from related authoritative agencies, the private sector, educational institutions and the general public with over approximately 200 people attended the event via Zoom program and Facebook Live.
The event activities included the knowledge sharing of U-POPs, BAT/BEP, circular economy, environmentally sound management of scrap metal recycling, greening the scrap metal value chain by national and international experts. The honorable speakers are as follow:
- Dr. Somthai Wongcharoen, Founder and President of Wongpanit Group of Companies (Thailand)
- Dr. Wareerat Akkaradham, Founder and Managing Director of Trident Steel Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Aditat Vasinonta, Deputy-Director General of Department of Primary Industries and Mines (DPIM)
- Mr. Rungroj Lert-aram, Assistant Managing Director, Tata Steel Manufacturing (Thailand) Public Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Kittiphan Bangyikhan, Innovation in Raw Materials and Primary Industries Division, DPIM
- Mrs. Panitchanan Chuen-arom, Human Resources and Administrative Manager, Daiki Aluminium Industry Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Carmela Centeno, Industrial Development Officer, UNIDO Headquarter, Austria
- Mr. Simone Zanolini, CONFINDUSTRIA Brescia, Italy
Also, the online exhibition of the event "Green Scrap Metal Thailand 2021: One Future Together” is welcome for all to visit to give stars or comments at https://exhibition.greenscrapmetalthailand.com
On the 2nd and 3rd day of the event, the training program of 8 modules for knowledge dissemination on implementation of BAT/BEP to reduce U-POPs releases from secondary metal manufacturing industry and in accordance with the sustainable development strategy to those who are interested from the related authoritative agencies, educational institute, and workers in the metallurgical industry. For further information, please kindly visit www.GreenScrapMetalThailand.com